Sunday, August 10, 2008

Real men??? If this is it, then I dont want one!

Someone on my forum posted this awhile ago... Apparently its a country song! Check it out:

When you see a deer you see Bambi,and I see antlers up on the wall.When you see a lake you think picnics,and I see a large mouth up under that log.

You're probably thinkin that you're gonna change me.In some ways well maybe you might.Scrub me
down,dress me up,oh but no matter what, remember I'm still a guy.

When you see a pricless French painting,I see a drunk naked girl.You think that riding a wild bull saounds crazy,and I'd
like to give it a whirl.Well love makes a man do some things he ain't proud of and in weak moment I might,walk your sissy dog,hold your purse at the mall, but remember I'm still a guy.

I'll pour out my heart,hold your hand in the car,write a love song that makes you cry.Then turn right around knock some jerk to the ground 'cause he caught the feel as you walk by.


I can hear you now talkin to your friends,sayin,"Yeah girls he's come a long way from draggin his knuckles and carryin a
club and buildin a fire in a cave." But when you say a back rub means only a back rub and you swat my hand when I try.Well,at the end of the day all I can say is,"Honey,I'm still a guy."

These days there's dudes gettin facials,manicured,waxed,and botuxed.With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands,you can't grip a tackle box.

Yeah,with all of these men linein up to get nuetured.It's hip now to be feminized.I don't highlight my hair.I've still got a
pair.Yeah,honey I'm still a guy.

Oh,my eyebrows ain't plucked there's a gun in my truck. Oh,thank god,I'm still a guy
.



OK, this makes me laugh and cringe at the same time! I know its just a song, not meant to be taken siriusly... but this describes a man I would never want to have. I would rather be celibate for life!
First of all... no hunting. I would not allow, nor continue to see a man I was Sirius about to be a hunter. For me, I just don't get the whole idea of it being "fun". That's BS IMHO. Its barbaric and cruel. If you live off the land, so to speak... I get that. I don't get that its a sport (it isn't) no-one should IMHO find it fun.


My boss gets his hair cut, dyed and styled...he is still a man... my husband has deep feelings, he is still a man. My husband spends more time getting ready than me... he is still a man. He is a man who doesn't treat me like dirt, who respects me, who doesn't take off with his "friends" until all hours of the morning with no call, he is a man who loves his children and does just as much as mommy does with them and for them, he is a man... Yes, he has held my purse and didn't like it... but he is the nicest, most honest and upstanding man I know.

So wives and girlfriends of "The Other Real Men" stand up and be proud!!! Real men come in all shapes and sizes and all walks of life.

To me a real man is a man who loves and respects his wife and family, does all he can to care for and protect them... and doesn't do things that other so-called "real men" do... just because it is expected!

If he ever reads this... I love my real man... I love you Bradd.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not married to a "real" man either Mimi and I am thankful for that everyday. Nice pic of Brad too. My husband would die if I posted a picture of him on the Internet.

Andrea said...

My husband has some qualities from that song, but it's ok with me. I like those things about him just as much as I like how generous and caring he is. I think the song is funny and I like singing to it when it comes on the radio, but that's about it, just a cute song. Men vary as much as women and can be just as sensitive and catty.

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

My husband gets just as upset when men act that way as I do... So I guess he's not a "Real" man either. I love him just the way he is. Great Post!

Unknown said...

Awwww... that's sweet! Your hubby sounds like quite a wonderful guy and just perfect for you!!!

Mr. B is a REAL man in all the ways I want him to be real.

Denise said...

I must admit my DH is a real man in all regards. But...he does fish and if he knew how, and if he had the time, he'd probably hunt. He has a lot of qualities from that song and I don't think that makes him barbaric or cruel or less of a man. He is the most loving, caring, sensitive man and he has no issue holding my purse out in public (only my diaper bag! LOL!). When we shop - HE shops...I hate it. He is an EXCELLENT father who helps just as much as I do and loves his daughter more than anything and never hesitates to show that! He is a mix of both worlds and I love it. I wouldn't want it any other way! Just because he likes to shoot guns, fish, and whatever else, doesn't make him a bad person or any less of a man.

My family is a family of hunters and fishers (and yes, I like to fish too) and I have uncle's who, to me, are REAL men. They love their wives, have never strayed, have been with them for over 25 years. They hold their purse at the mall, or any other time it needs to be held and doesn't even make a comment. They are sensitive and funny and are EXCELLENT fathers (and uncles I must add!).

I am SO lucky and SO honored to have men in my life that are the best of both worlds and I wouldn't want it any other way! :)

Minxy Mimi said...

Thats great Denise! I agree "real men" come in all shapes and sizes!
Just for me, personally, I cannot tolerate hunting, to enjoy hunting *to me* seems very wrong. JMHO.

JMBMOMMY said...

I can't relate to this song either -- my man is so different that the man described in this song -- and I am so glad about that!!! But that I why God didn't put me with a hunter, fisherman, etc. But I agree every man is different. And different isn't a bad thing. It is just different. Some women would never be happy with a man like my man--ya know?