Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quotable Sunday!

Another edition of Toni's Quoteable Sunday Do your won, head on over to her Mr. Linky and post yours and visit as many others as you can!
I am doing mine today on attitudes...
P.S. I will visit all my bloggy friends soon, Ive been busy but I feel bad Ive not had a chance to visit all of you who are so sweet to comment.


Attitudes:

The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances ~ Martha Washington

Everything can be taken from a man but ... the last of the human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.
~ Victor Frankl


Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler


There are no menial jobs, only menial attitudes. ~William J. Bennett, The Book of Virtues


We awaken in others the same attitude of mind we hold toward them. ~Elbert Hubbard

Being a sex symbol has to do with an attitude, not looks. Most men think it's looks, most women know otherwise. ~Kathleen Turner

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs


Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude. ~ Timothy Bentley

Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it. ~ Irving Berlin


Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be ~ Henry David Thoreau

11 comments:

Unknown said...

OHHHH i love this one:

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler

Leslie said...

I agree with Toni... my favorite is the Francesca Reigler quote. Sooo true!

my2boyz said...

I love the one by Francesca Reigler as well. SO TURE!!!!

Shelley K. said...

I truly believe that LIFE is what we make of it--love that Reigler quote too!! Thanks for sharing.

LadyStyx said...

There were several really good ones today.

The Wife O Riley said...

Great Quotes!

Unknown said...

I love the Francesca Reigler quote too! I might have to put that one up at work this week. Love your Harry Potter countdown too!

Helene said...

These are all great quotes but I esp like the one by Francesca Reigler!

Amy Clary said...

Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude. ~ Timothy Bentley

I like this one. :) It's so true and yet so easy to miss in the midst of the mess. Thanks for sharing!

Stacy Uncorked said...

AWESOME quotes, Mimi! I'm trying to play catch-up this morning... ;)

I love the Francesca Reigler one, too...so very true!! :)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

LOVE the Hugh Downs quote the most.