1. I was born and raised Catholic. I assume most Italians are! But my mom who is flaky at best and my dad who was never consistently around did not pursue it. So, although I am a professed Agnostic, I do have roots in religion, as I think most Agnostics and Atheists do.
2. I am a third generation Californian. When you live in such a populated state, people who have been here only 10 years seem like natives! My family has been here since at least the early 1900's probably before... I don't know when some of my cousins actually came here. My grandmother's mother came here in the 20's to join cousins after her husband died of influenza in Utah. They bought a house and land and farmed, even though my Noni is gone just over 2 years, my Aunt still owns the house and land. They previously owned a store that catered to miners in Bingham County, Utah. Noni came with her mom and 2 brothers to the San Martin/Gilroy area... most of my family is still there.
3. I have 3 sisters and a brother. I have not met one brother and one sister.(They are half brother/sister to me) The one sister I have not met was on the news many years ago. Her baby was stolen at Alta Bates Medical Center here in Cali... the baby was found alive and well. I would like to know her and my brother but its been so many years... I wonder if there is resentment, anger or what? I have no idea. I am the product of a marriage, they are not. These days it doesn't really seem to matter, but to some it still does.... who knows what they think, or if they even care to know me.
4. I am obsessed with all things Harry Potter... OH, wait!!! I think you might have known that! The writing is amazing, the message is inspiring, the characters are riveting. The hype is true... I cried my eyes out and laughed my head off with every book. I discovered the books before the hype started (otherwise I might not have read them because I would think that they couldn't possibly be that good) but they are. Read them STAT!!! LOL I do have to say it really pisses me off when people say they are bad, evil, or promoting witchcraft! The main theme of the book is love, friendship, and the triumph of good over evil. It shows how a mothers love saved Harry from an evil man who tried to kill him, it shows how people who court evil and do evil, pay for their deeds in the end. Read the books before making judgments...you will be glad you did.
5. I enjoy going to gay bars. Love them! Not the women hating ones... the fun ones where the men love women and everything about them! I have never felt such acceptance before and haven't since. I used to go every Wednesday to "Hamburger Mary's" in San Jose, CA back in the late 1990's. I worked at Nordstom Dept store in Santa Clara as a line cook and I worked with quite a few gay/lesbian people. My friend Jen invited me to go with her and her girlfriend. I had a great time and pretty soon we were all going... gay, straight, Bi...didn't matter. We went to have fun and dance, dance, dance! I also met my first "real" boyfriend there... wish I hadn't...but that's another story, and one you wont hear in lists like these!
So, that's the skinny on me... I hope you enjoyed reading this and learning more about yours truly!