Friday, October 24, 2008

Ive been Tagged! WOO HOO!

LOL Both Denise and Darcie tagged me for this!!! Thank you girls. I am so glad to have discovered your blogs!



Hmmmm..... 7 random facts about me.

1. I can see double. I have "wandering eyes" (yes, I look at other men too... but only movie/TV stars) I am talking about a deformity I guess you would call it. Instead of my eyes going in and crossing (like a late Aunt of mine) my eyes drift outwards, causing me to see double. Not too exciting but kinda weird to see in person.

2. Minxy Mimi is one of my nicknames. My friend MOO gave me that one... ummmm.... maybe I wont say why. LOL Too much HP talk. I have also been called (in addition to Biotch LOL) mimibunny thanks to Nordstrom work friends and Shell by my family... I am rarely just called "Michelle" which may be a random fact you might not know too! My real name is not Mimi!

3. My second son was going to be named "Finnley" which I STILL get flack for. I liked it, it was a tribute to my husband's Scottish heritage. I guess I could have done the Italian name... hmmm..... Constantine, Dante, Leonardo.... are those better??? But my son Jack's middle name is Augustus, after my fathers middle name and a tribute to our Italian roots.

4. I worked at the before mentioned Nordstrom Dept store. Glamorous? Exciting? Lavish? ummm.... no. I worked as a line cook in the cafe where I made a lot of wonderful friends who encouraged me to become the person I am today. They gave me confidence and support. I thank them always. Glamorous it was not, a learning experience it was. I can make dinner and have all the food ready at the same time! Thats a gift!

5. I was a blond child. My hair is dark now, but as a toddler I did sport some lovely blond locks!

6. As a youth (LOL, that makes me sound 80 years old) I was a good girl who didn't drink alcohol until I was the legal age of 21. Ive been drunk 3 times in my life! I also didn't have a "real" boyfriend until I was 27 years old!!! Talk about a late bloomer!

7. I am a 3rd generation Californian and proud of it! My family are farmers and started when the prune was the huge crop in the Santa Clara valley. We moved on to Strawberries, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Bell peppers ect... I worked for my dad in the fields until I was in my twenties. It was a tough job but it taught me about responsibility and the importance of doing your job and doing it right...no matter what kind of job it is. There is nothing shameful about working with your hands and not in a sterile office. Farmers are the salt of the earth.

Well, there it is, really I am quite boring, I didnt realize! LOL Here are my people I tag




An Italian mama gone crazy

Jess at Nothing but purple

Jaimie at mom to 3 angels

Alyson at three ps in a pod

Lea at Lea Ireland

And Erin at
Lugo Family Blog

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I was born a blonde too!!!

Unknown said...

thanks Mimi!

~Michelle~ said...

LOL, I always have a hard time remembering your real name isn't Michelle. There's too many of us anyway :-)