Denise over at Laughing with spoons started this and I am going to tell you things that I am thankful for and I am copying Denise (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (: )
The Holidays are upon us and we are all thankful for many things, like Denise I am thankful for my family.
1. I am thankful to have been born into my family...problems and all. I am thankful to have been brought up as an Italian American. Eating and cooking the best food in the world! Homemade Raviolis, Cardoni, Italian Cookies... YUM YUM! My family may have its issues but I am thankful to be a part of it. My Noni (grandma) has been gone almost 3 years and I still miss her terribly at this time of year the most. We used to make Raviolis together, we used to go to Lions club parties, Italian American parties and just enjoy each others company. I know now that I have to cherish every moment with my loved ones... because I will never see the one person again that I thought and hoped would live forever.
2. I am thankful for my sisters. They are so different and such perfect compliments to me. Laugh, cry, get angry... we do it all and still love each other. With who else could you discuss everything under the sun with? Who else knows exactly where you came from and why you do what you do and feel what you feel? Sisters!!! That's who! Sisters can be like best friends that never go away. I am lucky to have 2 of these in my life.
3. This isn't in order.. so my hubby is next. I am thankful for his kindness, his forgiveness (after I yell just a little too much!) His understanding and his surprising unconditional love for me! I am no prize, but my husband is. He was raised right (I love my Mother and Father in law too... and I don't say that just because they might read this... LOL) He treats me kindly and he is the best father, because he tries and he cares.
4. I am thankful for my animals. I am thankful that 2 of them they were rescued and nurtured to kittenhood by my sisters co-worker. We rescued Rudy locally. They are the most adorable and special kitties in the WORLD!!! They may not be the sweetest, but they are funny, they are amusing, they are lovable and they make me happy to be "their human" there is nothing better than snuggling up to a purring and warm kitty and a good book! Animals are special...cherish them.
5. I am thankful for all of my family... Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Cousin's twice removed, my In-Laws, my mom, my dad... everyone. The people that are in my life have shaped me in small ways... but they bring a richness and a dimension to my life that I could not or would not give up. Even when I want to strangle some of them, I know my life is better with them in it.
6. I am thankful for my children... the 2 most handsome and adorable and smartest boys EVER! I did not want two boys, I did not expect 2 boys... but BOY, I am glad I have them. They are truly the thing that makes my life worth living. I would live, die and go hungry for them... whatever I have to do for them, I will.
I hope you all have a wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving!