Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful Tuesday!

Denise over at Laughing with spoons started this and I am going to tell you things that I am thankful for and I am copying Denise (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (: )
The Holidays are upon us and we are all thankful for many things, like Denise I am thankful for my family.

1. I am thankful to have been born into my family...problems and all. I am thankful to have been brought up as an Italian American. Eating and cooking the best food in the world! Homemade Raviolis, Cardoni, Italian Cookies... YUM YUM! My family may have its issues but I am thankful to be a part of it. My Noni (grandma) has been gone almost 3 years and I still miss her terribly at this time of year the most. We used to make Raviolis together, we used to go to Lions club parties, Italian American parties and just enjoy each others company. I know now that I have to cherish every moment with my loved ones... because I will never see the one person again that I thought and hoped would live forever.

2. I am thankful for my sisters. They are so different and such perfect compliments to me. Laugh, cry, get angry... we do it all and still love each other. With who else could you discuss everything under the sun with? Who else knows exactly where you came from and why you do what you do and feel what you feel? Sisters!!! That's who! Sisters can be like best friends that never go away. I am lucky to have 2 of these in my life.

3. This isn't in order.. so my hubby is next. I am thankful for his kindness, his forgiveness (after I yell just a little too much!) His understanding and his surprising unconditional love for me! I am no prize, but my husband is. He was raised right (I love my Mother and Father in law too... and I don't say that just because they might read this... LOL) He treats me kindly and he is the best father, because he tries and he cares.

4. I am thankful for my animals. I am thankful that 2 of them they were rescued and nurtured to kittenhood by my sisters co-worker. We rescued Rudy locally. They are the most adorable and special kitties in the WORLD!!! They may not be the sweetest, but they are funny, they are amusing, they are lovable and they make me happy to be "their human" there is nothing better than snuggling up to a purring and warm kitty and a good book! Animals are special...cherish them.

5. I am thankful for all of my family... Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Cousin's twice removed, my In-Laws, my mom, my dad... everyone. The people that are in my life have shaped me in small ways... but they bring a richness and a dimension to my life that I could not or would not give up. Even when I want to strangle some of them, I know my life is better with them in it.

6. I am thankful for my children... the 2 most handsome and adorable and smartest boys EVER! I did not want two boys, I did not expect 2 boys... but BOY, I am glad I have them. They are truly the thing that makes my life worth living. I would live, die and go hungry for them... whatever I have to do for them, I will.

I hope you all have a wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving!

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This is a great list! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Kristin said...

Great list! I have mine up of what I am thankful for.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Mimi and family!!

Anonymous said...

'm thankful that I have finally started my Christmas shopping. The online deals are simply incredible this year! Wheeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Swinging by from another blog to say hi bc I liked your name! Lol! Your boys are ADORABLE!

Denise said...

Awwww what a great list! :) I love it!

Sandra said...

Beautiful list...

I love my family too... warts and all.

Seeker said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my poem! I'm new to the bloggy world, and didn't think anyone else read me! I'm so new I even thanked the wrong person the first try at this!!

Kathy B! said...

Thanks for popping by my blog, and double thanks for actually leaving a comment. I don't have a huge following (about 50 unique visits/day), but no one ever comments... I assume they like it because they come back, but sometimes it freaks me out :)

You sound as though you have a wonderful family, and a lot for which to be thankful!

Happy Thansgiving Mimi!

~Michelle~ said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mimi & family! That's a great list you have, very meaningful!

Jenni said...

Wonderful list! You have SO much to be thankful for!

Simply AnonyMom said...

After reading many thankful posts, yours was the one to motivate me to post one.

I wanted to come over here and thank you personally. You have been very sweeet to me and always seem to cheer me up. Sometimes you do not know I am down or in a funk and your posts will appear and be what I need.

I really appreciate you living in my computer. I hope you are not too cramped in my google reader. I hope you stick around for a while because gosh darn it I really like you!

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Minxy Mimi said...

WOW
How thankful I am for all of you too... you have been supportive and kind to me and thats something hard to come by sometimes.
Thank you all for being her with me in bloggyland!
AnonyMom, I e-mailed you!

Kimmy said...

What a great list! And a wonderful family to go with it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow! ;o)